Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas tree, oh christmas tree...........

We put our Christmas tree up Saturday night. Bo is finally big enough to help decorate it! He was putting on the ornaments & playing with all of them. He wanted to put all of his in the same spot though. So we had to show him how to space them out. It was so cute. Last year we had to leave the lower half of the tree empty because he wouldn't leave the ornaments alone. We had a pretty funny looking tree, that's for sure!
It amazes me everyday how much he has grown & how much he can do by himself. I have daymares of him being a teenager & rebellious. It's hard to imagine that someday that will happen. A week or so ago he came up to me & said "... is my friend." And I said, "Who's your friend?" He ran up to me & yelled, "YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND!!" & gave me the biggest hug! Of course I cried. That's probably the sweetest thing I've ever heard. I'll have to remember that when he's 15 & says 'I hate you' for not letting him do this or that. I'll be sure to remind him that when he was 2 I was his best friend. LOL!

2 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

Hi there. I am so excited you have a blog. I am a blog stalker BTW. Another Boy huh? Awesome. we missed you last night here at my house for the Ornament exchange.

Machtyn said...

Noelle and I haven't quite got our tree up, yet. After our rearrangement of room accommodations, we have yet to get completely organized. Plus, we'll have to deal with Rachel getting into the tree. We'll see what happens. I hope to see you at Grandma and Grandpa's on Christmas Eve!