Monday, March 30, 2009

Virtual Delivery

TIME TO HEAD OUT

The following illustrations from renowned medical illustrator Peg Gerrity show how a baby moves through the birth canal during a typical vaginal delivery.


READY

The baby is at term and the cervix is beginning to dilate.


SET

The mother's membranes rupture as the cervix continues to dilate.


GO

The baby's head is crowning, usually after a couple of hours of pushing.



WELCOME

The head has been delivered and the rest of the baby will soon follow.

3 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

geesh... this makes me so happy it's not me.... sorry, hope that doesn't sound rude. ;) You are much tougher then me. I am just happy we are finished having kids.

Noelle said...

When is the big day?

Machtyn said...

I know this comment is on the wrong day, but it's about your poor dog. My goodness! I'm really surprised you couldn't even get an emergency number from one of the vet offices. I'm so glad you were able to save him.

And to repeat Noelle's question... when's the big day?