Tuesday, March 10, 2009

These could've put me into LABOR!!

EXCITEMENT #1
So I went to Wal-Mart for just a bit & left my dog, Roscoe, out on his chain because it was so warm out & I was only going to be gone for 30 minutes or so. When I got back I see my Roscoe's chain is empty & his collar is still attached lying out in the middle of the yard. So I'm like, "Great! He got loose & is running around the neighborhood & I have to go hunt him down." But when I turn the corner to my back door, there he is sitting there all chewed up & bleeding. So me, Roscoe & Bo go in the house & I'm immediately on the phone trying to get in touch with a vet. It's past 5pm so every vet in Paris isl closed but one who refuses to take him because they already were working on another emergency case. After much begging & pleading they still refuse my dog any care. (What the crap kind of vet refuses to help an injured animal?!?!?!?!?!) So I'm pissed at this point. I call the vet in Millersburg, who is closing in about 10 minutes, but will take him in & wait on me to get there. What angels!!!

So while I'm on the phone with the Millersburg vet my neighbors (we'll call them Neighbor A) come & tell me what happened. Another neighbor's (Neighbor B) set of 2 big dogs got out of their pen, came into my yard & attacked him. One is a boxer & the other is unknown breed, but the same size as the boxer. (BTW: My dog is a beagle/dachshund mix & weighs only about 15 lbs. He's small & very non-aggressive.) So Neighbor A tells me all about what happened & that their 11 yrs old son got them off of my little dog. (What a hero! He could've gotten really hurt!! Yes, he's getting a reward!) Then Neighbor B comes over & tells me it was her dogs & that she wants to take care of the vet bill. She also took both of her dogs to the pound. She was very upset about the whole incident & didn't want to take another chance with her dogs getting a hold of a child. Neighbor A husband gets Roscoe wrapped in a towel & into the truck for me while I'm getting Bo in the car. Such nice people!!

So I take him to the vet & on the way there he's getting kinda droopy-eyed, so I thought he was going to pass out from blood loss, which wasn't very much, but like I said, he's little. He has a big chunk of meat off the top of his head, his throat is gashed open, has a puncture wound on his rib cage & numerous cuts & gashes on his ears, body, face & legs. They checked his breathing to see if his lung was punctured & it was fine. They checked his color from the blood loss & that was fine. They are going to keep him over night, sedate him, stitch him up, & start him on antibiotics & IV. We'll see tomorrow how he is ok & if he can come home. The vet said he should be ok & not to worry about him dying or anything. So that’s good news.

EXCITEMENT #2
After I got home from taking Roscoe to the vet & giving the neighbors an update, I gave Bo some supper. He’s eating a piece of bread & sticks half the slice in his mouth & gets choked on it. I mean turning blue choked! So I save his life by knocking it out of his throat & he pukes all over the place. He’s ok, catches his breath & I hug & kiss all over him. I clean up the mess & now everything has settled down.

Is there anything else going to happen to throw me into labor today?????!!!!!!

2 comments:

Noelle said...

Okay, that is too much for anybody to go through in one day. Please make tomorrow less stressful!

Janice {Run Far} said...

holy crap girl. Two things that an 8 month pregnant women does not need to go through. Glad everything is going to be ok.